Sunday, January 11, 2015

2013 was a great year!

So, I didn't do so well at keeping a journal last year.  I wanted to take a moment and remember the many events and experiences my family and I had during 2013.  The year started somewhat rough as I missed another birthday of my oldest.  I feel bad for poor Savannah, as it was the forth year in a row that I was gone for her birthday.  In 2010, I was deployed.  In 2011, I was TDY to Nellis AFB. In 2012, I was TDY to Maxwell AFB.  And last year I was TDY to Guam.  This year, however, I will do all I can to not be sent anywhere with the Air Force.  Of course, like most times that I leave to go TDY, Nikki found herself with a sick child while I was gone to Guam between 31 January and 15 February.  Cora developed a bad cough and practically stopped breathing from a bad case of RSV one night.  Nikki took her to the emergency room.  Thankfully, we had some good neighbors from our ward, Brent Hunter and James Rivera, who went to our house and gave her a healing blessing.  The blessing along with the medication that she received helped her have a quick recovery.
After Guam, I then had to go TDY to do my arctic survival at Eielson AFB near Fairbanks, AK.  Although it wasn't nearly as challenging as the survival course I did in Spokane, WA, it was definitely not a walk in the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment