Monday, November 8, 2010

Beginnings

It's funny how many times my stunning wife has encouraged me to begin a blog.  When I think of a "blogger," I think of an obese 35 year old left wing Obama-maniac, sitting in his parents' basement stuck in front of his computer all day complaining about how Lyndsay Lohan was wrongfully arrested for smoking pot.  That or I think about a beautiful mother typing away at her laptop, discussing the hilarious things that come out of her children's mouths.  Either way, I don't think of myself as a "blogger".  I've decided to do this for lots of reasons.  Written records are very important to me.  For the past two years I've written in a daily journal.  But here, I want to dedicate my words specifically for all to see, especially my children and my family in general.
I'll start by describing who I am.  I am a child of God.  I was created in the image of Him.  Though I am a man of flesh and blood, I have and am a spirit that was with Him before I was in my mother's womb.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a Mormon.  I am a husband to the most attractive woman I know.  I am a father to two wonderful children, soon to be three.  I am a son to two loving parents.  I am a brother to a brother and sister that I miss constantly.  All of these titles make me who I am.  I could mention my job, my schooling, my hobbies, and interests, and yes, they are a part of me; however, they mean nothing without God, His church, and my family.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Rob you described me to the tee (with the exception of being a "he" and being 35)! Ha! On second thought, were you talking about Jamie? Glad to see you in the blogosphere and look forward to reading more!
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete